Monday, June 28, 2010

"Babies are such a nice way to start people."

It's about that time — you know, that time when friends are getting married, children are getting born and life is simply moving along at a rapid pace. Since graduating college it seems as if the term "another one bites the dust" has gained even more meaning than just friends getting married. I've been in three weddings since 2008, and now one baby is putting new tallies on the board.

Goodness. That makes me happy. Babies are a perfect way to start people, indeed. They, along with marsupials, most mammals and birds, require the tender care of their parents to keep them alive. It's such an interesting way to begin. Humbly. This innate requirement of neediness. It's interesting how quickly we change as we grow though, gaining the beliefs that we don't need anything or anyone, at least not really. But, just the same, I'm glad we start off needing. It builds healthy people who learn to help themselves as much as each other.

Welcome, Winter Song. June 17, 2010. I'm glad we share a birthday.

1 comment:

  1. This made me tear up Brigid! I love you very much! Miss you...Berg

    ReplyDelete