Thursday, February 11, 2010

Watching TV Shows on Television Is Great

I used to be of the mind that box-set television was the way, and the only way, to watch television. And, in some cases, I think it's the most enjoyable way to watch a show, i.e. LOST is great to watch in a box-set because so much of it is plot driven, and can be hard to follow if there's a full seven days between watching.

But, tonight I had a life-changing experience. I watched 30 Rock and The Office for the first time since forever while it was actually airing. And there was something strangely wonderful about tuning in at the same time as a million or so others. Knowing I was part of some sort of strange camaraderie was nice.

And, it's not the same as watching a sport live, but it does have similar elements. For the same reason why people enjoy watching live theater, I realized how much I like watching shows during their first airing, rather than the next day on www.NBC.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment