Saturday, February 27, 2010

"Four Bucks is Dumb"


So, I'm anti wasting money, I'd say. But then again, I'm pro buying shoes based on the fact that they are beautiful and on sale. This quote though has been the platform to which McDonalds has based their "Cafe" advertising. Yes, I wrote a post earlier regarding advertising, McDonalds and coffee — but that had more to do with coffee being the answer to yawning, while four bucks being dumb has to do with the sheer cost of a latte.

Why waste valuable cash money? Reminds me of those new websites where you can track where you spend your money. I'm betting most people spend into the hundreds of dollars on warm beverages at local watering holes. Not even upper class people either. [There's a drive-thru Starbucks near Chicago's Midway Airport being my sole claim to that fact.]

But, it's true, four dollars is a lot, when you think about it, to spend on a 10 ounce drink. But, then again, everything seems to be over-priced when your wallet is thin.

I just wish those hazelnut lattes weren't so tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment