Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kelly Clarkson's single: and Beyoncé's "Halo" Sound Exactly the Same



Every time I hear Kelly Clarkson's latest song, "Already Gone," I get a little disappointed because I really enjoy singing along to songs and especially enjoy it if I know the words. But, with this song I constantly let down myself because I can never seem to remember that this particular song is not in fact Beyoncé's "Halo." Though, it is nearly exactly the same. I smell bleach blond hair and an early 80s pop idol. Drum roll: Vanilla Ice/Queen/David Bowie debacle of the century.

Every single time I hear that Clarkson cock up I gear myself up for the wrong words. Every. Single. Time.

Whomp, whomp, whomp.

But, seriously. This is not OK. But, I guess that's what pop singers get for not checking to see if their music writers are double-booked, which was the case here. What sucks more though, is Beyoncé's song is clearly superior to Clarkson's (even though it's still good). That's another fact for you.

Listen here:
Beyoncé's "Halo"
Kelly Clarkson's "Already Gone"

2 comments:

  1. They were written by the same person too. He got sued by the record company for plagiarizing himself. Read it on Perez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it on The Huffington Post. Nice.

    ReplyDelete