Friday, May 21, 2010

1. "A friend in need is a friend indeed" & 2. "A friend to all is a friend to none"

Why are these sayings? Who are they helping? How are these supposed to make a friendship better? Rachel, Ross, Chandler, Monica, Phoebe and Joey never would have said that to each other.

In order of ridiculousness:

1. The first saying only works when you tag on: "But, a friend with BLAH is better." Am I right? Right. Great, that's what I thought.


2. Regarding the second, I understand the mentality behind this saying. Really, I do, but I feel like it's what people say when they're jealous that their friends don't have time for them. That's annoying.

Neither of these are fair to either side of any alleged friendships. It's sort of like saying, "If friends were flowers, I'd pick you." I would never say that because it's definitely been needlepointed onto one of those little pillows.

1 comment: