Friday, November 26, 2010

"[I/You] never kiss and tell."

You ever heard of marriage?

Well. I have. And, let me tell you a little something about it  — it's the ultimate when it comes to kissing and telling. Many of my dearest friends have taken the trip down that two-person lane, and every time it happens I get a little happier about the world. It's pretty neat, no? Just the mere idea that commitment can run that deeply. Now, don't jump the gun here, son, but kissing and telling is kind of nice when it's right. So, now that I'm welcoming another union into my life as I watch a close friend of mine plan her upcoming path, I can't help but notice that those who don't kiss and tell are either too early to let on, or too scared to admit.

And, that's alright for a time, but to continue with ultimates, there will be an ultimate time of decision. Indecision simply leads to a stalled engine, and that's no good.
"Time for you and time for me, 
And time yet for a hundred indecisions 
And for a hundred visions and revisions 
Before the taking of a toast and tea."
-T.S. Eliot's, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
Hats of to my good friend Kate and her fiancé Jordan.

1 comment:

  1. I may have made this comment before, but I'm a big fan of your references to T.S. Eliot. I studied "...Alfred Prufrock" in one of my English classes when I was abroad, and it always reminds me of London.

    - drewbie

    ReplyDelete