Saturday, October 23, 2010

"If you expect to soar with the eagles during the day, you can't hoot with the owls at night."

If vacations attest for anything it's this: You can 100 percent both soar and hoot. I'm all about it.

For the last four days I've made it a point to suck it up, neglect my body's desire for sleep, and soak in the wonder that is hanging with my siblings and friends in Los Angeles. And sure, vacations are great for resting and relaxing, but conversation over libations in new places is a win if ever there was one.

Fitting in as many Kodak moments is key. So, lock it up and throw that bitch away. If you can't throw yourself into the waves and roll with them*, then don't bother with this girl. I'll be over you already.

*1/2 the siblings Marshall totally went surfing at 8:30 am this morning. It was so LA.**

**Catch phrase of the weekend.

***Aside: As for hooting and soaring during real life, I do know from experience that the thought and action of burning the candle at both ends seems daunting, recognize this, you only life once, so rock it like a rocking chair. That's a fact no one can argue with, lest you're Hindi.

No comments:

Post a Comment