Monday, December 21, 2009

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!"

This time last year I was pretty excited. Yes, I found myself jobless and back in the snares of my parents house, but it didn't matter. I was in the Midwest, in Chicago, during Christmas time. "It's the Hap-Happiest Season of All!" This time of year, though weather-wise can take it's toll, is the beginning of the cold months, and Christmas just makes the chilly, iciness of knowing it's going to be like this for 4-6 months, melt away.

It's Christmas week now, and as the best holiday encroches, as flights arrive into O'Hare and Midway, as friends and relatives filter in and out of Christmas parties and airplanes, it has you excited.

Grant it, after Christmas festivities are final, there's a sort of loneliness that the cold snow piling up institutes, but until then, it's a fact: "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment